Steve Keen has just released an outstanding new video which convincingly demonstrates the short sightedness of current mainstream economic thinking, which dominates current economic policy.
These new insights should change the conversation about economics.
This work has huge implications:
1. It provides a convincing explanation why stable economic growth became crisis and stagnation.
2. Ignoring bank lending and private sector debt are fatal errors in current economic policy models.
3. Inequality, bank lending, and debt are all highly interrelated.
4. Instability, inequality, and stagnation are closely tied to the nature of the banking system, rather than capitalism.
5. Current attempts to stimulate the economy are very likely to fail.