Career and Trading Background and Record
I started trading my own capital during 1998. I trade widely for my own account, including futures and options, on bonds, equities, currencies and commodities. This remains a significant focus, and I try to trade client accounts in line with the activity in my own account as much as possible. Fortunately, in recent years a very wider range of products has been introduced to securities markets. It is now possible to trade commodities and foreign exchange, for example, in a way that was not possible just a few years ago. Conventionally, this was an area reserved for high wealth individuals, and hedge funds were created to provide a service for this additional diversity and risk. However, although there are a handful of very impressive hedge fund managers, these funds are not available to small investors, and in any case are often a high cost, high risk product, unsuitable for many investors. There are very few highly qualified investment managers that provide a low risk, low cost, high return product for investors, that takes full account of the wide array of opportunities and diversity that is now available to clients. This is what I aim to produce for my clients. From 9/26/05 I am recording all client returns with an independent third party software firm called Investigo. Here are the returns from all accounts in aggregate. Client accounts have experienced much LOWER volatility than the S&P 500, yet have achieved HIGHER returns. These are time weighted rates of return calculated by Investigo.
|Performance Report 1/10/2005 through 12/31/2010||Time Weighted Rate of Return||Annualized Return|
|Client Accounts (net of all fees and expenses)||38.55%||6.41%|
|S&P 500 Index||2.5%||0.5%|
- Performance results are presented net-of-fees and reflect the reinvestment of dividends and capital gains. Advisory fees are fully described in Form ADV Part 2.
- Past performance may not be indicative of future results. Therefore, no current or prospective client should assume that the future performance of any specific investment, investment strategy (including the investments and/or investment strategies recommended by the adviser), or product made reference to directly or indirectly on this website, or indirectly via hyperlink to any unaffiliated third-party website, will be profitable or equal to past performance levels.
- All investment strategies have the potential for profit or loss. Changes in investment strategies, contributions or withdrawals may materially alter the performance and results of your portfolio.
- Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that any specific investment will either be suitable or profitable for a client’s portfolio.
- Historical performance results for investment indexes and/or categories, generally do not reflect the deduction of transaction and/or custodial charges or the deduction of an investment-management fee, the incurrence of which would have the effect of decreasing historical performance results.
- Economic factors, market conditions, and investment strategies will affect the performance of any portfolio and there are no assurances that it will match or outperform any particular benchmark.
- The trading of futures and options involves substantial risks. This high degree of risk can work for or against an investor. The use of a high degree of leverage when investing can result in substantial losses, as well as gains.
From 2011 to 2014 aggregate data was not reconciled adequately. I have changed service to Orion, so full data is now available from the beginning of 2015.
I provide extensive market coverage on a weekly and daily basis. My insights and writings are publicly available and time stamped going back several years.